Re: tried to puller, but she punched me in the nose

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tried to puller, but she punched me in the nose
From: "Derek White" <derekw@coppernet.zm>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 02:13:25 -0500
Chris, Tom, Steve et. al.

I had similar experiences-- no rust visible when they did come apart. I
tried everything including heat, hammer, puller and prayer (which is a lot
for an agnostic and indicative of my frustration at having my best efforts
and heaviest blows come to nought.) Eventually took it to one suspension
shop. Their 20 ton press failed. Next shop had 50 tons plus some
oxy-acetylene-- Ta Da! They had to re-cut the threads on both shafts as they
had distorted from the pressing.  I was amazed at how well that taper could
hold! Any explanations out there?

cheers, derek