Re: Synthetic Oil

To: larry.p@erols.com, wiseowl1@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil
From: Lbatman4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:06:42 EDT
    As a long time AMSOIL user (and Dealer), I can verify the below from
Larry P. If you have ever taken apart an old engine and had to scrape the
sludge out of the valvecovers and pan, you know what conventional (dino) oil
can do. With synthetics this does not happen! If you are interested in a
dealership, at minimal cost, you can get the product wholesale and help
yourself and friends at the same time. Otherwise I would be happy to send you
a FREE catalog. Just send (e-mail) your name and address.

Larry Batterman
B382001910LRXFE-MK-IA
Sheboygan, WI 53081
In a message dated 8/29/01 8:31:48 AM, larry.p@erols.com writes:

<< Michael, many of the other car clubs have on going discussions on oil.
>From
the literature, test of oil in various situations, and personal experience of
mechanics and owners, and myself, this is what I have gleamed.

1.  Synthetic oil has superior cold flow, and hot temp protection over dino
oil.

2.  In cars that are not used often, or are driven for short distances,
synthetics are superior,  for many reasons, but a main one is that you do not
get the varnish and sludge as with dino oil.

3.  There is a myth that older cars or engines that start to use synthetic oil
will leak, because the gaskets are not compatible with synthetic.  This is not
true of the synthetics of the last 20 plus years.

4.  The cost of synthetic is more expensive than dino oil, but if some of the
situations above fit you, then the extra cost is minimal, and worth the
expense, especially #2.

5. Various test done by hot rod mags, have shown increase in hp and torque
with
synthetic oils.

In another use, synthetic lubricants in trans and differentials offer better
cold flow charastistics, as well a lubricating functions.

Larry