Re: csxb3054.jpg

To: "Adin,David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>,
Subject: Re: csxb3054.jpg
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:03:39 -0700
David,

I am not big on Cobra history, but that sure looks a lot like a Daytona
Coupe which ran Daytona and Le Mans. I think there were only 6 ever
made, and figured prominently in a storage garage where one had sat for
30 years.

As far as Holman and Moody are concerned, their name is legendary in HOT
engines, and they made a lot of GT-40's. One Tiger, that they won't even
talk to the new owner, but they sure know how to build engines.

I am sure you will get more authoritative remarks.

I did see a BRAND NEW Daytona Coupe, owned by Galpin, of Galpin Ford and
made (completed?) in NZ by the guy who built the originals in England.
Seems he had some of the original bits and pieces and authorization for
more than were originally produced, so he just "finished" this one off.
He has it in the brushed aluminum right down to the bucket seat shells,
and intends to leave it like that. Gorgeous.
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                          _/
                     _/_/_/