Re: Fan numbers

To: <SFordRB@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fan numbers
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:19:16 -0700
I am the second owner of a 66 Mustang.  Bought it in 1978. It has a 6 blade,
all steel fan. The diameter is 17 inches.  I cannot see any part numbers
while it is on the car.  My memory tells me that I have seen a Ford logo on
the fan during past repairs.  According to the shop manuals this is not the
correct fan for my car.  Mine has no A/C, the A/C equipped cars are supposed
to have the 6 blade fan.  The blades have approximately 2 inches of twist in
them.  I mean they measure 2 inches thick in a direction the air flows.

How does this amount of pitch compare to the much sought after Canadian fan?

Erich