Bug suicide

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Bug suicide
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 14:48:15 EDT
Sunbeams travel at the speed of light,

Years ago in my first Tiger I was bombing down US52
from Chicago to Purdue when a large bumble bee hit the
outside mirror, bounced into the car and landed right
between my legs.  It stung me in the upper right thigh
as I hit the brakes and tried to keep control of the car.

I skidded to a stop and bailed.  About then a SP pulled
up.  It must have been quite a sight with me exiting the car
and then beating the seat.  At first he thought I was kidding
until he saw the dead bumble bee on the seat.  He laughed
and said I should be glad it didn't bite me two inches higher.
He was a gearhead and could not believe that there was a
Ford V8 under the hood.  After checking things out he bid
me good-bye.

Funny thing, I've had it happen many times when an insect
hits the mirror and comes in. Even my MKIA has this
problem.  Is this inherent to those of us using original
Talbot Jr bullet Mirrors?  Maybe we all should air condition
out cars so we keep the windows up.

Dave Johnson (not with a falsetto voice) Aurora, IL