"Pulleying" my hair out

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Pulleying" my hair out
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:03:39 -0500
Hey, guys:

Well, the fun is over...it's time to get down to the nitty gritty.  I am in
desperate need of an original style generator pulley for my Tiger.  Now that I
have calmed down, I realize that there is "no way to get there from here"
without that precious pulley.

The DPO of my car thought he needed an oversized pulley to keep from
destroying the generator at high rpms.  Well, maybe so, maybe not.  The point
is that I don't intend to drive the car like that and that totally negates the
reason for having the oversized pulley in the first place.  This leaves me
with two problems.  One is that the generator hardly charges at lower rpm, ie.
idling.  The amp guage really falls off at idle.  Problem #2, however, is much
worse.  I've got an alignment problem to beat the band.  The DPO solved this
problem by spacing the generator on the mounting bracket with oversized nuts
and washers (a regular shadetree mechanic's answer...) and by using an
alternator adjusting bracket rather than the stock generator adjusting
bracket.  There is no physical way to use the stock bracket with the current
modification in alignment, which is all due to, you guessed it, the oversized
pulley.

I'm interested in putting this car back to stock specs and don't really lack
much at all.  I realize that these pulleys may be hard to come by, but it's
worth it to me to be able to get rid of all the goofy spacers and crap that
the DPO put on the generator to get it forward enough to even line up with the
other two pulleys.  Please, someone help me out here, okay?

Thanks so much for any help that any of you can give,
Andy Walker
B382001600