Re: Parts needed/questions

To: Mike Fairbairn <mike@rmauctions.com>
Subject: Re: Parts needed/questions
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:06:08 -0700
First, let me say that today the http://www.TigersUnited.com Web site is
up again.

Mike Fairbairn wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm new to the list, but am in the middle of a fairly comprehensive ground up
> restoration of a 1965 Tiger.  I need a few things:
>
> 1) Brake Booster.  The original was replaced by a larger one that required
> removal of the right side cowl to spring tower brace.  I've made a new brace,
> but still need the booster.

Lockheed and Midland Ross Units have been successfully used. Need near
the 3:1 original boost ratio. The Lockheed does NOT need the
"installation kit", and can be mounted with the attached bolts through
the firewall next to the starter relay.

> 2) Washer bottle.  Mine is suffering from contact with the generator belt(!).
> The mounting bracket also looks like it was run over by a truck and partly
> straightened.  I'd like to find both.

Good luck.

> 3) Fan shroud.  Mine is missing.

Occasionally available due to many wide aluminum radiator installations.

> Questions:
>
> 1) I didn't take the car apart, and can't figure out where the brake
> union/stop light switch is meant to be  mounted.  I'm assuming somewhere on
> the pass. side by the length of the lines.

On the passenger side inner fender well sheet metal, down about 1 foot,
is the union coupling for all the brake lines, and the bottom of this
coupler is for the brake light switch.

> 2) I bought a set of tube headers from Sunbeam Specialties in NY.  When they
> are installed there is no room for the factory oil filter.  He says a Moroso
> right angle remote mount adapter is required, but according to my local Moroso
> distributor, he can't find any such thing, even after going back through five
> years of old catalogs.

Ford Motorsport Right  Angle Filter adapter.

> 3) The car had an aftermarket fuel pump located in what would be the spare
> tire well in an Alpine.  What should the correct pump be, and where would it
> and the filter be located?

Under the door on the parcel shelf, just above the muffler. The Mk II
had it in the Alpine spare wheel area.

> I have more questions, but I'll save the rest for later :).
>
> Mike Fairbairn
> Ypsilanti, MI

Lots of answers already on http://www.TigersUnited.com in articles and
the Tech Tips sections.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                          _/
                     _/_/_/