RE: Newbie

To: "'Mark S. Rense'" <kneedrag@corecomm.net>
Subject: RE: Newbie
From: "Rose, Mark G" <mrose@ou.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:31:44 -0500
Mark-

Welcome! From another Mark in the group that has also asked a lot of
questions and received great answers, you will not be disappointed about the
wealth of responses from the list.

As far as your electronics go with the tach going dead when lights are on
and the blinkers making it bounce, I can relate. Exact same thing happened
on mine up until two weeks ago and it was a case of a bad ground. I looked
all over for the problem and it was right in front of me - literally.

Near the ignition switch is one of the support bars for behind the dash.
There is a black wire that is coming from some of the gauges that fits
around one of the lower bolts that help support the dash. My wire
connector(round and the bolt runs through it) was between the dash and the
support and was not getting a good ground. After looking for this problem
for 3 months off and on, I pulled the nut off and carefully pulled the dash
far enough out to get the wire connector off. I then sandwiched it between
metal brace of the dash and the nut and - magic - everything works.
Hopefully, yours is just as simple.

Mark Rose