problem solving

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: problem solving
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:37:24 -0400
  Thank you Rootes for making it easy to remove the drivers seat and get
head and hands under the dash. Well some success this morning. I put a new
instrument regulator in and guess what. The temp gauge actually works now.
Instead of pegging out at 250+, it now reads around 190 on a drive this
morning. I pulled most of the speedo cable and put some more oil on it
hoping to solve a bouncing speedo reading. It seems to bounce less and
pauses at what I guess is the correct speed but still no steady reading. Any
ideas? No luck with the tach. I checked some of the ideas on tech sites
about tach repair but so far no solution.  Suppose to be beautiful in N.E.
tomorrow and some of the leaves are starting to turn color. Guess where I'll
be.

Jim