Heaters

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Heaters
From: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 08:53:19 EDT
Hey and Howdy all,

Just got the heater working in my Tiger (thanks to Doc Moonstone) and
discovered that I am missing one of the cable stop nuts(?) the little gizmo
that the heater cable goes through on the blend door that pinches the wire to
retain the door.  This is such a small part SS does not have one nor does any
of the other normal sources.  Any of you guys know where I can dig one up??.
I had a laugh when I was working on the heater;  I had the cover off exposing
the heater core as I was changing all of the hoses.  When the new heater
motor was installed and I tested it I had no air coming out of the heat ducts
in the car........I noticed there was a lot of air coming out of the open
heater core area and thought I had the motor wired in reverse so the fan was
turning the wrong way.  Ha !  Then my lovely wife pointed out to me that the
heater core cover had a gasket and that maybe it seals and forces the air
down into the car.  (hate it when that happens).  Oh well.......Have a nice
day fellas.

Cheers
Gunny