Re: Spare tire etc.

To: RGGAMMA@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spare tire etc.
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@home.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:05:36 -0700
I put a small spare in my Tiger.  I went down to my local wrecking yard and
bought one from a late model mustang.  You can also look into tempos and
escorts etc.  I made a cardboard template of my bolt pattern so I could
match the hubs and wheels while I was wondering around.  One thing to watch
out for though,  some of the small spares might have the correct bolt
pattern but the diameter of the opening for the hub is too small.

>only item.  To be used only to get to a gas station to have the flat
>repaired.  Is there a 'space saver' spare with the 4x4.25 pattern I could
>look for at a bone yard? Next item would be a jack.  Am I better off with a
>stock Sunbeam(I have no jack right now) unit or should I just use a small
>scissors jack.  I am running 15x6.5 Minilites with 195 59 15 tires.

Rob

66 Sunbeam Tiger (351 W)             64 Sunbeam Tiger (HiPo 289, Lord
Rootes Winner 2001)
65 Sunbeam Alpine (Rotary)       67 Mustang Fastback          98 Mustang
Cobra  # 4973

Check out the latest pictures of my Tiger Restoration:
http://www.members.home.com/bomber441

My Mustangs:
http://www.kaiserair.com/oldsite/mustangs.html