RE: TACFest

To: "'Jim D'Amelio'" <jimdamelio@home.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TACFest
From: Sencindiver Jim D NSSC <SencindiverJD@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:59:15 -0400
I would like to echo Jim Damelio's comments.  Larry and Susan did a
wonderful job hosting this event, and the food was delicious!  Thank you
Susan Wright and Kim Paulick for the wonderful eats.  I can honestly say
that I have never seen so many RUNNING Tigers in one place as I did last
Sunday.  I believe we had 13 Tigers (including 3 Mk IIs!) and one Tiger body
shell that were TACed.  Thank you Tom Hall, Tom Calvert, Larry Paulick,
(They TACed my Tiger) and all the other TAC inspectors for making this event
such a success.  Thank you Larry Paulick and Malcolm McDonald for organizing
the TACFest, you guys are great.  I now know much more about Tigers in
general, and my Tiger in particular.  It's also nice to be able to put faces
with names I've only seen on this list.

I would also like to thank Harry Elam for the use of his contact pyrometer
(normally used on the tires of his Shelby Series I Spec Racer).  Once I
warmed up my Tiger, I was able to determine that the Temperature gauge was
reading 10 degrees (C) high, compared to the pyrometer with the probe on the
temp sender/manifold junction.  I know, if it ain't pukin' it ain't
overheating, but when your gauge reads 115 C (239 F!), you get concerned.
Now I know it was only 105 C (221 F), still pretty warm, but within
operational limits.  Looks like one of my winter projects will be pulling
the radiator and getting it cleaned/rodded out.  I'll probably swap out the
fiberglass "flexi-fan" for a Ford C9DZ-8600A fan at the same time.  I'll
need the increased cooling capacity once I get the Edlebrock F4B/Holley 4
barrel installed.

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver, PMS411C6
Systems Engineering Group