Re: Brake booster?

To: Lon Walters <lon@sedona.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake booster?
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 15:27:33 -0400
Lou:

The cheap fix is to bend up a short section of brake line, remove the 2
lines from the booster, and use 2 union fittings to join them to your new
low-tech brake bypass. And. you'll get a nice workout evey time you stop!
The next best thing is to tank the Girling unit and get the small diameter
Midland brake booster- cheaper, better built and they're available brand
new.
I bought mine from
http://www.godmanhiperformance.com/home.htm
Click on the brake systems link and them see the brake boosters.
I used the smll dia one, @ $290. ( I paid $180, but that was 5 years ago!)
You'll need to get an anti-back fire valve and banjo fitting for the vacum
hose. They have all this and can walk you through the purchase.
NFI, etc., they were excellent people to do biz with.
see it installed in my tiger:
http://users.ids.net/~tigerpb/tiger_pages/Page_6x.html

I had to fab a lower and upper brackets (used 3/4" wide steel strip) Bent
and welded as needed, not exactly rocket science. everthing pretty much
bolted in. You'll probably have to bend up new brake line from the MC to
booster and to the 4 way junction. But, If you're still driving around with
35 year old brakelines, this is the time to do them all!

Paul