The Ultimate Fix?

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Ultimate Fix?
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:03:35 -0400
I read the article on the fulcrum pin fix, then I read it again.  I just don't
see how it works.  Now, I'm just a plain old EE trying to work out a ME type
problem, but I think I have some valid questions here.

The extra forces that cause the breakage are largely parallel to the ground,
correct? I would think that the non-Ackerman business would create more forces
inward or outward, as the tires scrub or grab.  Wouldn't a force directly
inward cause the links to want to ROTATE around the bolts that attach them to
the square tubes?  What prevents them from turning, just the friction of the
tightened bolts?

 I could see it working better if the links were horizontal, in the same plane
as the force.  But that, of course, would require some major crossmember
mods.

Anyone out there want to comment?

Stu