Victoria British

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Victoria British
From: JimboAnder@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:13:31 EST
   This question has come up before. Some people seem to be really down on
Victoria British, but:
    - I have been ordering parts from them for some ten years and I have
found their parts and prices to be competitive. Plus they are easy to get on
the telephone.
    - No parts supplier is perfect. I recently ordered a rebuilt starter from
Sunbeam Specialities and it apparently was missing a spacer or washer on the
shaft, resulting in about 3/16th of an inch thrust play, which meant that the
starter wouldn't disengage when it was energized. It ripped up the rebuilt
starter Bendix gear as well as the ring gear on my Alpine. Rick, bless his
heart, sent me a replacement starter and ring gear, but then I had to have
them installed at some considerable expense since the job was beyond me. The
ring gear problem was caused by the defective part.
    - I think we are all better off with competing parts suppliers for aging
cars. I would dread the day when there is only one supplier out there with a
dwindling stock and no competitors and just a few customers like us.
     Jim Anderson