RE: Dead #4 cylinder

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dead #4 cylinder
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:45:21 -0800
Jim and others are correct.  The correct "lacing" of the plug wires is
mission critical.  If I recall, this is mentioned in the original Tiger Shop
Manual.

I had a similar experience when I removed the F-4B to correct for an oil
leak on #4.  I did not pay close enough attention to lacing the plug wires
correctly and got a miss on #4.  Even though I used some of the best plug
wires possible, there was still a problem.

Finally narrowed it down when someone on the list suggested running the car
at night in a dark garage (door open of course.)  Funny, but the plug wires
arcing was occasionally visible!

Chances are, if you correctly lace the wires you will probably rid yourself
of the problem.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373