Re: windshield

To: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: windshield
From: rkegg@juno.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:36:45 -0500
I have used the Eastwood kit. The kit is good for taking fine scratches
out, and also for cleaning the "patina" ( a nice word for grungy film),
that collects on old windshields. If your wiper blade scratches are not
too deep, and you work on it for hours with the kit, you can lessen the
scratches, but probably not eliminate them. The bottom line is that the
abrasive supplied in the kit is fairly mild, and it takes a lot of work
to really make a difference that you can see.

Randy Kegg

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:13:27 EST RGGAMMA@aol.com writes:
> Hey and Howdy all,
> Has anyone used the glass polishing kit from Eastwood?  I have just
> purchased
> one and have tried to remove the wiper marks from my windshield
> without much
> success.
>
> The wiper marks are more like smudges; you can't feel them much with
> fingernail when moving across them.  Maybe I am not doing something
> right?
>
> Just put some new weather-strip on the soft top and now when I try
> to roll up
> the windows it drags on the rubber and rolls the weather-strip up
> pulls it
> out of the channel.  Should I glue it in?
>
> Cheers
> Gunny

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!