Clutch adjustment

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch adjustment
From: Veeseeoso@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:19:52 EST
Hello all,

I have installed a McLeod aluminum flywheel, 2400# diaphragm clutch and an
organic/kevlar disc on my Tiger. The master and slave cylinders have been
replaced with new stock units and properly bled with GT-LMA.

The clutch engagement is very low (close to the floor). The original three
finger clutch engaged much higher. The pushrod from the slave cylinder to the
fork seems to be adjustable. Would increasing the pushrod length help...I
have read somewhere that this setup is "self-adjusting"?

Any empirical advice would be most appreciated!

Regards,
Henry Vicioso