Re: Would you like a 200 mpg carburetor?

To: "Steve Laifman (E-mail)" <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>,
Subject: Re: Would you like a 200 mpg carburetor?
From: Bennett Cullen-r51465 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:47:14 -0700
Steve,
I have one of these too. It is the "SO" version. Similar to a
"SU" carb design of British fame, but uses snake oil in the
reservoir for piston damping and seal. Excellent carb. The only
problem experienced is having to pull off the road, on a long
trip, and drain off some fuel to keep it from overflowing and
running down the fender and stinking up the trunk. Under hard
driving conditions, it will just about "keep up". Normal driving
got to be such a hassle that I took it off and put it up on the
shelf.
;-)
Cullen in Tempe