FW: Excite@Home dying

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Excite@Home dying
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:28:22 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Boynton [mailto:jimboynton@mediaone.net]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 8:26 PM
To: Larry Blackman
Subject: RE: Excite@Home dying

Larry,

   Steve meant (I hope that's what you meant Steve) is that without an
ISP(Excite ending at midnight-maybe?) a user would not be able to log onto
any internet service including any yahoo or hotmail account or this list for
that matter. Those Excite people who are use to high speed connection would
have to drop back to slow 56k modems or DSL if available.
 I use AT&T cable broadband(fomerly mediaone) and you can beat the speed. By
the way we are not affected by the Excite problem. At work I have ADSL and
our local phone company has rolled out DSL. My experience with both is that
cable modems at the present have fewer problems than DSL and seem somewhat
faster..
 If you have the chance to go broadband with DSL take it. Hopefully your
telephone company has ironed out any roll out problems. Make sure you have a
"clean" line and filters on your lines. You will never want to go back to
56K modem after tasting high speed connection. Ever. By the way you only
need one telephone line. DSL and voice is separated on the same line.

Jim

PS Filters must be connected between each of your telephones and phone jacks
that share the line your DSL Interent Service is on. They separate voice
from data.