Battery: Dead or Alive?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery: Dead or Alive?
From: flynnr2@btopenworld.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 09:45:46 +0000 (GMT)
Here's the situation:

- Tried to start the Tiger after its been sitting for 2  months

- Starter didn't even engage

- Battery showed ~10V, so I put in on the charger

- Battery charged to the regulation 12.32V in about 10 mintues (Is this
suspicious?)

- Threw it back in the car & checked voltages at the battery & solenoid (I've
had problems with that before)

- Tried to start it again - again, nothing happened,

- Just from trying to start it, the battery had gone back down to ~10V

- Tried charging it again - left it over night, though I've no doubt my charger
had decided it was charged sooner than that

- Tried starting the car w/the same results: 12V before turning the key,
knocked down to 10V without even the starter engaging to show for my trouble -
past the solenoid, I was getting  >1V

Are these the symptoms of a dead battery?  (Never had one before, so I'm not
sure what I should be looking at to fix the situation.)

rick
B9471206 : <a
href="/bti/redirect.html?http://www.tigersunited.com/gallery/RichardFlynn.asp";
target="newLink">http://www.tigersunited.com/gallery/RichardFlynn.asp</a>