RE: instruments

To: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>,
Subject: RE: instruments
From: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:09:54 -0500
I've posted regarding speedo rebuilds on this list several times - I'm happy
to say mine is finally working.  It had to go back to MoMa a few times, but
I've got to say I'm not unhappy with them - it was probably a cable problem,
but they only charged me once for rebuilding the speedo at least three
times.

No clear answer - only what worked for me.  Send MoMa a new cable and the
speedo. The cable I got from Curt, as Rick says the right ones are no longer
available. MoMa rebuilt the speedo, and added a small bush to the speedo to
back the cable off a bit.  They cut the cable speedo end down to about 5/8",
and added a small washer to the cable to help keep it centered in the
speedo.

As Steve L has pointed out many times, if the cable end ain't just right,
then asta la vista, baby, to the speedo....

MoMa really stood up to their work, and turned things around quickly.  But
you may well have the best luck with those folks who really specialize in
Tiger problems.

Mail me off line if you want any more info, Jim....

Chris