RE: TBON REALITY CHECK

To: "Marc James Small" <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>,
Subject: RE: TBON REALITY CHECK
From: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:54:50 -0500
I hate to speak for somebody else, but that's never stopped me in the past.
My *impression* from talking with Norm is that he enjoys the collector
status.  And hey, once you get as old as him (just kiddin' Norm), sometimes
having a book you wrote being "worth" $400 and rising can mean more to you
than a few thousand bucks more in your bank account....

I didn't say that a reprint wouldn't happen - I said that Norm said so.  And
he told me he's not interested in having it scanned and put on a CD or the
web.  Unfortunate for us possibly, but his right, and I respect it 100%.

I sent my copy to a lister this morning to borrow.  Although the first half
of the book is eminently readable and enjoyable, there's only about 50 or 60
pages recounting changes that occured throughout production that are the
most important pages you won't find elsewhere.  The history, LAT options,
and a lot of other stuff is free on TigersUnited and elsewhere.  My local
friend and lawyer, Marc Small, can correct me on this, but my understanding
is that copyright law allows you to make photocopies of selected portions of
copyrighted materials for personal use.  So - if you want the info contained
in the book, borrow and photocopy what is interesting to you.  If you're
interested in having an important piece of Tiger "collectable" - then pay
the $$ and stop whining. Don't mean to offend anyone - just my opinion.

The last half of the book has an interesting cast, but not much of a plot.
Most would want to photocopy only one of the last hundred + pages.

Chris