Dip stick tube - oops

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Dip stick tube - oops
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:58:59 -0800 (PST)
The dip stick tube on my 260 snapped off at the base
while I had my engine out.  I forgor this had happened
until I tried to put the dip stick tube back on -
oops.  Is the dipstick tube unique for the Tiger?
Where can I get one? and last but not least, how does
it attach to the block?  I need to get the "stub" out.
 It is flush with the block.

The good news is that I got the entire cooling system
back in, enough exhaust to get the engine started, and
all of the engine electric back.  I hope to start it
tomorrow!  (With a wine bottle cork shaved to plug the
dip stick tube hole :-)  )

Thanks,
Chris