RE: Welding Advice Needed

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welding Advice Needed
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:27:45 +0500
Hi Tom and others,

I found that the "mig welding spray" lubricant helps a lot-- gives a nice
smooth wire speed. Other advice is excellent: start-stop to keep the heat
down and to stay within the machine's duty cycle, smaller wire, do small
runs and not continuous welds.

I used to have a Millermatic 250 which was brilliant (spray transfer made
good welds so easy even for an amateur like me.) I now have a small Miller
and my welds (on thin metal) are not nearly as good or as easy to do. Mt old
welder Daniel was a real TIG wizard but he died of AIDS two months ago
(sadly his replacement will probably follow in a few months...)

cheers, derek