Re: Same ol' problem

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Same ol' problem
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:13:38 EST
Steve

Great tip about the aluminum foil.  When I get to
that point, I'll try that.  I should be there in about
a year.  Things go slow when you are working by
yourself in an unheated garage and with only
hand tools.

First things first.  I have to disassemble the entire
front end, including pulling the engine and trans.
Since I can see that the lower pulley was crushed
by the base of the light pole, I know I will have to
change the main bearings for sure.  Maybe now's
the time to go way others have.  Put my 260 away
and go to a crate 289 6-bolt.

I have a torpedo heater that heats the immediate
area.  But its still cold in the garage.  Maybe I
should move to a warmer climate.

Dave Johnson B38200266(under repair) Aurora, IL