Re: Top?

To: GHPECHMANN@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top?
From: SFordRB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:26:23 EST
What's the shape of the rear window? How about rest on the lower side of the
rear window? The chrome pieces all there? How about the bows for the head
liner and the rear window chrome?

All of these items are issues when thinking about purchasing a hard top. The
greatest difficulty I've had is with the latches and hinges. Secondly I had
to clean the inner metal of the rear window frame and then used POR 15
applied with a special dispersing nozzle that had a plastic hose 4 feet long.
My top will be done soon and I'll be glad!

Start with the best condition top you can afford and then restore. If you
start with junk, you'll most likely end up with something less than you
expected (read expensive junk).

Tigers United has several helpful articles relating to various hardtop
restoration.

Good luck

Dr. Moonstone