Re: SV: RE:Thermal Efficiency Index of Performance

To: "Jan Iggbom" <jan.iggbom@swipnet.se>
Subject: Re: SV: RE:Thermal Efficiency Index of Performance
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:59:31 -0700
Jan:
WOW! Thnx for the formula! I have tired numerous sources, even the LeMans
public relations people, and have not been able to find the actual formula.
The resources of the TIGER List always astounds me.
Our Club has an event every year that we call the "Econo Run". It is
designed to see who can get the best milage and who can guess their mileage
the closest on a 60 mile run. The completion is so close that the event is
now judged on 1/100s of a MPG. We have always wanted to have an "Index of
Thermal Efficiency" class in honor of the Sunbeam win but have never been
able to because of the lack of a formula. I can now attempt to include it
next year's event and will report to the List on what the results are.
Godspeed
Jc