Various clones

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Various clones
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:27:14 -0500
Ray JohnsonWrote:
>What does the group feel about the clone?
>>I see ebay currently has 3 Tigers listed for sale.

        IIRC, the eBay description clearly indicates that it's a clone;
despite the fact that some subsequent owner might try to pass it off as
the real thing, this owner is being up front about it. I don't see
anything wrong with that. Mind you, it would have to be available _very_
cheap for me to recommend buying one to anybody.

Mark Meswarb wrote:
>Subject: Ford to make NEW GT40s - check this out - on cnn.com
>Found this on www.cnn.com.  Is this cool or what?  O.k. maybe I won't
be
>able to afford one, but its still cool!

        Yesterday morning, the TV news had a short piece about Ford
(potential layoffs) and the auto show, and showed for the briefest
instant the current Mr. Ford (forgot his 1st name) standing behind the
front fender of this car. The announcer referred to it only as "a new
sports car for the future", which I thought was a strange description
for a 'retro' car.
        Nice looker, but I still don't see the need for even more cars
in the $100K price class. OTOH, that's what, maybe only $20K more than
the new Maserati?

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-traction"

        P.S. In  an attempt to kill the _strong_ fuel odor in the Garage
Queen's trunk, I plan to remove the twin tanks and refurbish including
the various pipes, hoses, connectors, etc. Opinions about the various
tank treatment products welcome. I had at first thought about shipping
them off to (NJ?) to have the tanks lined, but the convenience of using
the Eastwood kit is appealing.