Re: Help I hope

To: Ray Johnson <rnrbj@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Help I hope
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:35:52 -0800
Ray Johnson wrote:

> Anybody know the significance of, or meaning of,
> HEHCF
> 010498?

Ray,
HEH CF is the Ford part number for the wide ratio Tiger Mk II gearbox,
the rest is the serial number, of maybe configuration.

I have this transmission in my Mk I and it, with the 2.88 gears, makes
driving the car a pleasure. Takes off like a bandit, and still hits 72
mph at 3,000 rpm as normal, in high. I am using 185/70/13 24" tires.

You may use the search engine on http://www.TigersUnited.com for HEH and
get the tech tips about this, or go directly to:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tt-gearbox.asp

The Technical Tips /Tech Tips / E - Gearbox section.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman