Re: SIA Tiger article

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SIA Tiger article
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:21:49 -0500
For all of you who requested and read the scanned article in the April 1981
SIA on the Tiger by Gregory Wells was I surprised 2 days ago to get an email
from the author. He also addressed it to the list but somehow it didn't make
it so here is a copy of his message:

   Jim, thanks for the kind words about that old article of mine. I mostly
lurk
on the digest version of the list and I do still own that Tiger, which I
bought
in 1975.

That article was written in the late 70's after spending a week interviewing
Ian
Garrad, who gave me the key to his Marina del Rey office to use as my hotel
room.
I have a lot of very fond memories of the Garrads and their hospitality. I
give Ian credit for teaching me how to fix tea properly and I'm still in
love with Laura! One of my greatest regrets in life is when Ian took me
bar-hopping to try to find his good friend Carroll Shelby, we didn't find
him.

SIA is still published by Hemmings Motor News
(http://www.hemmings.com/hemmings/htm/sia.cfm) and if you are interested in
more
than one marque, it's a pretty good read.

Best regards,

Greg Wells