Fuel Tank Reconditioning

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Tank Reconditioning
From: JParlanti@genelogic.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:25:32 -0500
Some of you may recall my question a while back about sources for stripping
the Tiger's fuel tanks. As a refresher, I had some very nice rust-free
tanks that the DPO had poured a sealant into many years ago. They had never
been filled and when I looked inside, I found the stuff coming off in
sheets. I had a suggestion from a list member to try a Redi Strip vendor
which worked out very well. I sent the 2 tanks, crossover pipe and
connection pipes to Redi Strip of Allentown, Pa. and was thoroughly
satisfied with the results. The total charge was $100 not including
shipping. Very nice folks to work with. Last weekend I powder coated all of
the parts and will be installing them in the car soon. If anyone needs the
contact information, send me some mail and I'll forward it.

Joe
B382000026

Joseph V. Parlanti

Gene Logic Inc.