No Dip stickTube

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: No Dip stickTube
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 20:23:04 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all of the air compressor responses.
My dipstick tube is broken and out.  I want to get the
engine running and since Ford has obsoleted the tubes
recently (along with several plants and 35000
employees), I cant get a replacement soon.  The
aftermarket one is too short.  Anyway, can I run my
engine with the tube out or will oil spray out due to
crack case pressure?  I have a cork whittled down to
fit but if there is any reasonable amount of pressure
I imagine it will pop out.

Thanks,

Chris
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!