Virus WARNING!!! Hot News from Portal

To: <All@autox.team.net>
Subject: Virus WARNING!!! Hot News from Portal
From: "FunbeamChuck" <FunbeamChuck@home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:05:29 -0500
ALL,
This AM, before I had my first cup of coffee, I opened an email from someone
with a Subject of  "Hot News from Portal". It said something about my being
on a list, etc....and had a web address that pointed to some "pictures"....
I should have known.... not too alert this AM... I clicked on the web
address and it brought up an Internet Explorer window showing some kiddie
porn. Before I could close out the window, another window came up, then my
virus detector(Norton) warning screen came up, I deleted the virus (
JS.Exception.Exploit ) and closed the window. Then another window came up,
then another, the virus detector caught the virus again. I deleted the
email, but the "Lolita" windows kept coming up. I finally shut down the
computer, then came up, read some more emails, one had a link to the
internet that is valid, I clicked on it, was able to get a "clean" Explorer
window, went to Explorer Tools/Internet Options/General tab, found the virus
had changed my " Home Page" to the "Lolita" address, so I changed it back,
Erased my Internet Temporary Folders, and History, and think I've gotten it
all out.

So... BEWARE of Hot News From Portal.....and opening email before you're
fully awake...Also, it does help to have a CURRENT (as mine was) AntiVirus
Software. No harm done...

I wonder who put me on that list.......haha

All the Best,
FunbeamChuck