Re: Hood airflow

To: "Brian Moss" <BLMoss@prodigy.net>, <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Hood airflow
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:32:10 -0500
Don't all the NASCAR boys do this?  I seem to remember seeing cold air boxes
on top of the carbs that linked back to the heater air intake area.  Is this
perhaps illegal now, but they did it a while back?  Anyway, the very crude
"Tuft test" that I did a few years back suggested that it could work on a
Tiger, too.  With the hood lifted a couple inches at the rear, air was
blasting out a the corners.  But at the center, not much was happening,
suggesting that the pressure at the center was much closer to the underhood
pressure than at the corners.

Stu