Electrical and Bell Housing Help

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical and Bell Housing Help
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:41:53 -0600
Listers,
I am in need of some help.

Bell Housing
I am to the point where I could install my engine if only I had a workable
bell housing. Unfortunately the one I acquired earlier from a friend was
welded to enable the mating of a narrow pattern Top Loader. The problem is
the guy who welded it warped the mating flange and changed the shape of the
reference hole in the center. I have it at a machine shop to see if they can
repair it but it is doubtful that they will be able to make it work for me.
Since I have my engine bay all nicely done. What are my options? Do I have
to go to a Lakewood scatter shield ... and will it fit? Or does some kind
hearted soul out there have a 6-bolt bell housing they could part with that
accepts a narrow pattern Toploader? Has anyone installed the scatter shield
and not beat the living crap out of their new paint?

Electrical
I looked but was unable to find instructions to install a single wire
alternator on my car. I have all of the wiring loose under the hood and I
would like to move to the one wire set up. When I do this what do I do with
all of the original wiring and what do I have to disconnect or re-wire. If
someone has done this, as I am sure someone has, I would really appreciate
the help. I could probably figure it out but I would rather spend the time
putting it together.

It is getting really close and I want to go to SUNI 2002.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings