Motor mounts, Engine Mounts Part numbers

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor mounts, Engine Mounts Part numbers
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:33:22 -0600
Listers,
On the weekend I was looking at my engine trying to figure out where to
start on the installation and I was examining the "old original" engine
mounts. These mounts were completely disintegrated and the drivers side one
was actually in two pieces, the metal piece bolted to the block and the
rubber isolator. While I was examining the pieces, I was checking to ensure
the new mounts from Sunbeam Specialties were correct dimensionally, I
discovered Ford Part numbers. I also discovered why many owners install the
mounts incorrectly.
The "Right" mount Rubber cushion on the Passenger side of a LHD car is
labeled part (# C3AA-6B032-H-LH) and is not marked on the face of the mount.
Above the Ford Part # is the code AU-16. This mount is described by the Ford
part number as a "Left" mount.
The "Left" mount Rubber cushion on the Drivers side of the LHD car is
labeled part (#C3AA-6038-H-RH) and is clearly stamped with a "R" on the face
of the mount. Above the Ford Part # is the code AU-43. This mount is
described by the Ford part number as a "Right" mount.
The mounts appear to have been mounted on opposite sides of the engine to
orient the engine back as far as possible. This required swapping the mounts
from side to side. If anyone has the ability to cross reference the Ford
part numbers to obtain a vehicle application it may be of benefit to future
restorers.
I have to admit I was a little perplexed at the drivers side mount being
clearly marked with a large "R".
I am not sure if this information is valuable or not but the part numbers
are clearly visible on the mount isolator although they would be too small
to photograph with my camera. I did double check the numbers and "YES" the
one part number includes an extra alpha character "6B032" vs. "6038".

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings