Faster than my car...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Faster than my car...
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:41:02 -0500
        Sunday, a regionally well-known speed shop was having it's annual sale,
and my nephew called to ask if I wanted to go there with him. Once he got to my
house, he also wanted to know if we could take the Tiger. Uh, yeah, it had been
a couple of weeks since I had driven it so it needed some exercise, but the
outside temp was _maybe_ 40 F, and he had no hat; but he was determined, so I
agreed.

        The speed shop is maybe 12 miles away, and we took the Washington
Beltway. Just as we came up the ramp onto the freeway -- it's a steep uphill
merge -- I saw a low red blur go by a couple of lanes over. My nephew is
yelling in my ear, trying to make himself heard over the exhaust, that I should
try to catch him, but the traffic is just too heavy to play games.

        The next exit was <1 mile away, and we'd closed quite a bit as he
pulled off, and we got a decent look from maybe 200ft away. Maybe as close as
I'll ever get to a Lamborghini Miura.

        (Bought myself a chrome fire extinguisher at the sale for the Tiger;
looks good but the trigger assembly is Rattle City. Maybe they don't notice
such things in their Camaros. :) )

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"