Dana 44 in the Salisbury rear end

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dana 44 in the Salisbury rear end
From: Gene Sokolowski <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:32:09 -0800 (PST)
My understanding is that one can install a Dana 44
rear end in the Tiger Salisbury housing.  I would be
interested in hearing from anyone who has completed
this swap out.  I know little about the Dana 44.  I
know there are several 'flavors' of Dana's: Trac-Loc,
Detroit Locker, LockRight, Powertrax and possibly
others.  Are the tiger axle shafts 30 spline?  Are all
ring and pinion gears the same between model
applications? That is, is the length of the pinion
shaft and bearing size the same for all Dana 44
applications?  If not which stock number is used for
the Tiger application.

I am at ground zero on this issue and would sure
appreciate any information here.

Thanks
Gene

=====