RE: tach

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>, <Sjhcobra1@cs.com>
Subject: RE: tach
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:26:39 -0600
To refresh everybody's' memory, here is my problem (which I believe several
others also have):  I have a tach built by MOMA.  It does not use the white
loop wire of the stock tach, but rather has a single wire which attaches to
one side of the coil.  (I must confess I'm rather ignorant on how exactly it
works.)  I use the Pertronix Igniter on an otherwise stock single-point
setup.  The tach works fine to about 3000 rpm.  Above 3000 rpm, the needle
starts to fall back to zero.  It continues to fall until the actual revs
fall back below 3000.  I have returned the tach to MOMA, who checked it over
and claim it works fine.  They included some resistors to add in series
between the tach and coil, but the tach doesn't work at all with this
arrangement.

Some time back, I thought a group was working on a modern accurate tach
innards for a stock tach.  I wondered if any progress has been made.

Has anybody else encountered and solved this problem?

Jim Pickard