Shelby Minilite Clones for Auction

To: Tiger listserv <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shelby Minilite Clones for Auction
From: geewhiz <geewhiz@bob2000.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:07:12 -0800
Hi All!

The last piece of my former Tiger is on the auction block...a set of REALLY nice
14 x 6.5 Shelby Minilite look-alikes.  Here is the info:
This is a set of 4 very rare Carroll Shelby Industries Minilite look-alike
wheels from the 1970's.  Size is 14 inch diameter, 6-1/2 width bead to bead, 4
inch backspacing to the bead.  Lug pattern is 4 lugs on 4-1/4 circle, which is
the size for Sunbeam Tiger and Alpine, Ford Pinto, Ford Cortina, and others.

Wheels are absolutely straight.  I checked them for straightness on my spin
balancer before mounting the tires.  One wheel had a curb incident, and has been
smoothed and polished out.  See photo.  Center caps are generic, but brand new.
As you can see in the photos, these wheels are extremely clean and nice.  When I
got them, I spent many, many hours cleaning and polishing them before putting
them on my Tiger.  See photos for pics of how the wheels look
on a Tiger and a Pinto.  If you use them on a Tiger with these tires, you may
have to roll the inside of the rear fenders, and trim the front lower valence
panel for clearance.

Tires are BF Goodrich Touring T/A's, size 195 60 R 14 HR, and have less than
1000 miles on them.  I used them for about 800 easy miles on my Tiger, then sold
the Tiger without these wheels.  I put them on my Pinto, and drove it maybe 100
miles around town, but the look just never caught on for me, and so I put my old
wheels back on my Pinto.

The center caps do not have insignias.  On my Tiger, I created a little logo on
my computer, and printed them on photo paper, then stuck them to the caps. This
works as long as you keep them dry.  I would be willing to print out a set and
install them in your color scheme if you so desire, at no extra cost.

Comes with brake dust shields.

And here is the URL:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1808583786

Starting bid is $950, which is what I was asking for them to sell outright.
Considering the cost of a set of wheels, brand new tires (which these nearly
are) stems and balancing, I feel this is a fair price.  Located in Santa Maria,
CA, north of Santa Barbara.

Thanks!

Gerard
--
Fast Fords, ATV's, & A Moving Tribute to My Late Father
Personal Homepage: http://www.bob2000.com/4277.htm