Re: gas tank cleaning

To: Windsor Owens <wowens3@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: gas tank cleaning
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:30:45 -0500
Windsor, depends of what shape they are in.  Mine did not appear to have rust
inside the tanks.  You can look through the holes for the connections and see
a lot of the tank.

So, I decided to clean them, and coat them.  I used pea gravel, and water,
and shaked, not stirred the tanks, till I felt that any large rust, paint or
what ever was dislodged.

I let them dry thoroughly, and then coated them, including the cross over
pipes, with a coating made for gas tanks.  There are several to choice from.
This should take care of any future problems with the tanks.

Larry