Radiator cores

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator cores
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:40:14 -0800
Hello all,

Last weekend I took my radiator and all the info from the TU website
regarding
Modine High efficiency cores.  The radiator guy says the Modine does not
make cores anymore!!!!!!!!

So I called Ken, at the radiator shop in Simi Valley that Steve L
recommends.
He confirmed that Modine closed the LA core making plant.  He has to go to
Texas for cores and he does not want to order special custom stuff long
distance.  At this point he does not have a replacement core that he is
happy with for this application.

My radiator guy is recommending a "MX" core.  It is 3 rows and 2 1/4 inches
thick.  He says this is a new core that was developed to cure over heating
problems in Chevy S10 trucks.
Does anybody else have input here.

I would prefer to stay with a brass/copper radiator.

Thanks
Erich  one hot Mk1A  :(