Re: Spam from TigersUnited.com??

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Spam from TigersUnited.com??
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:42:12 -0700
The best way to avoid this is to not include 'real' email addresses anywhere on
the site, but instead to encode them in such a way that the netcrawlers will
likely miss them, for example I could give out my email address as
'tsmitATshawDOTca', and most people would be able to figure out what to do with
that (although I've had a couple of people say 'gee, I've never seen an email
address like yours, and it doesn't work'). Unfortunately, doing this prevents
you from including hypertext links to people's email so you can automatically
spawn a mail composer window.

Theo

Steve Laifman wrote:

> Tigers,
>
> It has been brought to my attention that some of the contributors to
> TigersUnited.com have been receiving unsolicited communication from a
> "trafficbbs.net" company. This company services the web site community

<snip>