Modifications and warning

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Modifications and warning
From: RockStar30cars@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 14:07:30 EDT
After talking to Jim (TIGEROOTES) about problems with Alpines Coupes I was
wondering is there anyway of beefing up the steering? I've never broke a ball
joint but love to put the car through some hard turns. The warning, one of my
Alpine conv  caught on fire just the interior around the battery box and back
of passenger seat and hardtop windows. Tigers will never have this problem,
it turned out my battery was to tall and I had a couple of girl in the car.
Driving from Irvine, California to LA about 60 miles. I had pillows on rear
seat and her bottom was on the battery door we got out the car and the top
was touching the battery and poof. The car wasn't that bad had an
extinguisher we were only 40 feet away. Now correct battery and insulated
with fat rubber pad.

Alvin (TopDogRover) I used to carry my first Son back there but more center
perfect fir for car seat and small kids.