buggered drive shaft

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: buggered drive shaft
From: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:34:17 -0700
Had the Tiger up in the air yesterday so I thought I'd take the extra 20
minutes and put in new U-joints.  Never that easy I guess.  Turns out the
drive shaft yoke at one time had hammered the differential yoke (too much
gas, two weak springs?)  The result is that the yoke holes have bent over
so that there is no way that the U-joint end caps can make it out.
Pressing the joint out looks like it won't be easy or maybe even possible.
This must not be the first Tiger to have this problem but I didn't see
anything in the CAT notes. Any advice before I bring it down to "Billy
Bob's Drive line Emporium"?
thanks steve jones B9470867