Re: Lubricants

To: Jim Schultz <jschultz@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Lubricants
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:57:39 -0700
Jim,

The Factory Workshop Manual, mostly all posted on
http://www.TigersUnited.com , in Section P - RECOMMENDED LUBRICANTS,
states that the steering unit should use Shell Spirax 90 E.P., which
sounds to me like 90 wt gear oil. The amount isn't given, but I assume
you fill it 'till it drips on your garage floor and back off 1 (8-).

The Workshop Manual is reached from the side navigation bar under the
heading "Technical Tips", and the link beneath that "Factory Manuals". A
facsimile of the Workshop Manual cover is shown (and other factory
manuals will be also listed on that page in the future). Click on the
book, and you will start the manual. There is a navigation bar at the
bottom, with a bar for the "Contents Index" from the manual. The section
you want is Section P, Recommended Lubricants.

Direct link:

http://www.TigersUnited.com/techtips/wsm3.asp

Steve

--