Outer axle hub removal

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Outer axle hub removal
From: Gene Sokolowski <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 06:04:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am attempting to get the outer axle hubs off an
Alpine IV rear-end (axles) so I can remove the brake
backing plates etc.  From the exploded view diagram I
have seen in a shop manual it would appear that the
hub is pressed on to splines on the axle.  Is there a
locking mechanism holding the outer hub to the outer
end of the axle?  I have tried to pull the outer hubs
with a hub puller ... ALAS they would budge!
Would appreciate help on this subject.

Thanks
Gene

=====