RE: Battery No Charging - Am I On The Right Track?

To: <flynnr2@btopenworld.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Battery No Charging - Am I On The Right Track?
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:35:20 -0700
Rick,

Assuming you have an original "generator" I would check that out.  Symptoms
sound much the same as I experienced a year ago when the generator failed.

I borrowed a generator from "Smitty" while mine was being repaired and it
confirmed the diagnosis even before I got mine in for a rebuild.

To double check before removing the supposed problem, once you get the beast
started, take our ye old trusty Fluke meter and measure the voltage
(obviously, while the car is running,) across the battery terminals.  If you
see less than 14 volts, you can suspect the darn generator.  Could be the
voltage regulator as well, but in my experience, the Ford voltage regulators
are pretty darn bullet proof.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,

AC