Tiger?

To: camerone@mcmullenargus.com
Subject: Tiger?
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 22:21:11 -0400
Sir,
        I have subscribed to your Popular Hot Rodding for many
years and even had my description of installing a Boss 302 in
a 1967 Tiger 2 published by you in the 70's.  I still own the
same Tiger 2, but it now has a 351C in it.  However, it is
still a TIGER.

          On Page 94 of the July 2002 Volume 42, No.7
you showed a nice picture of a Sunbeam Alpine that has been
converted to what we in the Tiger community call an Alger.

        You stated "--a Sunbeam Alpine that's been converted
to a Tiger and heavily modified along the way."  also you stated,
"The result is a true sports car with musclecar history and value."

        There are many Tiger owners who get very upset when a
Sumbeam Alpine is passed off as a Tiger.  There are some who get
totally ripped off when an Alger is sold as a Tiger.  One at the
Barrett-Jackson auction a few years ago being a case in point.

        Please, describe a Sunbeam Alpine that has been modified
similar to a Tiger as an "Alger", or anything but a "Tiger".

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others